Author Topic: SECURITY BREACH  (Read 2171 times)

rickc

• View Profile
SECURITY BREACH
« on: July 17, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »
Recently these two motorcycles were able to break through my security gate and make their way into my locked down garage :vvangry I dont know how it happened, I let my gaurd down one time and this is the sort of thing that happends,, I guess the only thing left for me to do is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fix em and clean em ::wrench
Silver-- 1983 R80rt     Black-- 1975 R75/6

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SECURITY BREACH
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »
Very nice! The R80 is gorgeous  :banana
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:32:21 PM »
The R80 was looking pretty sad, took off the Vetter fairing,(that is available) sanded and painted the frame, cleaned and painted the wheels and mounted a couple Avons,and added the smaller smoked fairing.. took her up to Mesa this evening what a blast to ride in the twisties, my intention was to clean and fix then sell,,,,,,,,, but Im not so sure ::KO
the R75 will need about the same treatment but with a little custom thrown in, Im thinking everything needs to be black,,,everything.. (rock)

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 06:52:50 AM »
Don't you just hate when that happens  :goofy
What about making the 75 look more like a /5  replacing that ugly tail light and turn signal with something smaller ?
I might even be tempted to take it for a test ride  :hehehe

Dakotagurl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:35:21 AM »
I have had a similar experience, one day I came home to my third floor apartment and a 78 GS750E snuck in, damn thing had a cracked frame. I was rebuilding her and the fire marshal did a building inspection, got a nasty letter saying I was running a motorcycle repair shop. My friend from the first floor helped me get it out before I was fined, Dave had a storage locker for his bikes that he let me use to finish the project, it is always good to have friends!

Heather   

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:48 PM »
Ohhh...
I love that RT!
It makes me miss my old R100S. A real mile-burner!
Who are the grateful dead? And why do they keep following me?

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:38:13 PM »
This one has received 100 heads, and it's a real tug boat...
I have two tires that came off the bike that have 90% tread didnt see any cracks before taking them off.. how ever they were made in 2008.
If anyone would like to have these they are free for the the taking call me or come and get them "They were made in 2008" :pointy
Dunlop 404's
Front 100/90/19
Rear   120/90/18
Rick c 618-4277

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »
Rick, why don't you bring one down for the Beemer Rally in Paonia this week  :cool.
If so let me know, I'll be annoying the guys with my little Adventure  Sportster  :goofy

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 10:32:56 PM »
Yea,, I plan on coming over on the silver R80 Saturday I think Lynn & Johnnie are going and Scott will be on his R75,shall we swing by... anybody else want to go lets make a plan  (rock)

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
How about you all stop by my place before lunch and we'll ride up there. There should be plenty of food, or we can stop at Zack's first.
Lynn and Johnnie have a private table there   :laff

2slow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »
I'm probably going to get up there some time Sat wife's got a family reunion in delta so I can sneak up there(I don't think here family likes me anyway) :laff

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »
I'm probably going to get up there some time Sat wife's got a family reunion in delta so I can sneak up there(I don't think here family likes me anyway) :laff

Looks like they misfits will be congregating at my place around 11.  Stop on by here if that works for you. Call me and I'll tell you
how to get here

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
Hey Cris we will be leaving my house at 9 ish, over Mesa then on to Hotchkiss,,,over the river and through the woods to Chris's house we go :blab :blab :blab.......anybody else want to ride with us ,,see you then