Author Topic: Saturday July 23rd, Snowmass Ice Age Exhibit  (Read 1026 times)

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Saturday July 23rd, Snowmass Ice Age Exhibit
« on: July 10, 2016, 08:35:11 PM »
As some of you out there in vintage motorcycle land know, I am also involved with the Western Slope Mazda Miata car group. Well, saying that, we have had a suggestion to invite the motorcycle group on our next adventure on Saturday July 23rd to visit the Ice Age Exhibit in Snowmass. And since Mazda Miata's are close the the same size as motorcycles, it seems like a good fit..... after all, what is a couple extra wheels amongst friends right?  :banana

Here are the details of the trip:

This will be a trip to the Snowmass Ice Age Exhibit in Snowmass Village. We will plan to take the boring route to get there, but will plan to come back over McClure Pass...we might even try a stop at Drost chocolates in Cedaredge on the way back. We'll head out from Slice Of Life Bakery on 3rd St in Downtown Palisade, and make the 2 hour trip via I-70 through Glenwood Springs on Hwy 82 to Snowmass. We will want to be on the road by 9:00 am, so plan to show up early at the bakery if you want to indulge in their fantastic eats and chat with the group.

This will be a very interesting site to visit, I remember hearing all about it when the first discoveries were made 6 years ago, and it was national news. The admission is free, so that is an extra bonus! We will also plan to eat some lunch at the Snowmass Village Mall ....anyone know a good spot? Plan a full day for this adventure.

Check out their website:
http://www.gosnowmass.com/things-to-do/ice-age-discovery/snowmass-discovery-center/[gosnowmass.com]

If you are out of the Grand Junction area and want to meet up with us in Snowmass, we should be arriving about 11:15 ish and we would love to see ya!

79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?