Author Topic: Fuel injection?  (Read 1799 times)

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
Fuel injection?
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:23:51 AM »
Working on an older project and want to make it fuel injected. Anyone on here have fuel injection experience? I have very little so my idea is to rob a modern system off something of similar displacement... But I juust dont know.. If you do and wouldnt mind sharing secrets, lets get together and chat.

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel injection?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:28 AM »
What type of bike?
If an old airhead or some other twin, you could use the same american-made system Ural uses.
A four-cylinder would be best obtained from a totalled donor bike of Japanese origin.
Who are the grateful dead? And why do they keep following me?

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:15:59 AM »
90cc honda single :cool:

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »
I've still got salt on the brain, Mechanista... I have been slowly gathering stuff for my super 90.. I want to take it to Bonneville.

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:19 PM »
This may sound morbid, but Brenna's little TU250 was injected. I will look into where the bike went. Insurance probably took it to an auction lot somewhere.

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »
Also, the cool thing about that system is that the ignition and fuel were all managed together by the same tiny module without an oxygen sensor!
You would have to run a total loss 12v system, but that will help with the miniscule horsepower savings to not have to run a charging system for the short course (under 175 mph).

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:15 PM »
I think the new royal enfields have the same system now that you mention it.. Didnt even think about it on the tu250. Was going with total loss anyway.. Sealing the inner case and running a dry clutch.. When you start with a 12.5 hp engine those small changes are all importan :tongue:t.

2slow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »
Just to play devils advocate why fuel injection? basically it's only about wide open throttle when we were there in 2012 I don't think I saw a bike with fuel injection just big carbs (I can help with big carbs if ya need them)  :cool: :cool:

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »
No partiicular reason other than novelty.. When you put it like that it makes sense.. I may call on you...when i start selecting a carb..