Author Topic: starting over  (Read 4983 times)

Clyde

• View Profile
starting over
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:19:10 PM »
 Finally got the rs 34 miks so re jetting is done and doing some frame work on the ltd and starting another ground up build. So far rolling smooth ::bot Im wanting to put a motogadget M box in this one

Clyde

• View Profile
Re: starting over
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:19:52 PM »
 So I purchased all O rings seals pistons master cylinder rebuild kit( NLA ) Over$300.00 bucks in just rubber parts :mad!!! and took all my calipers and shaft bolts and brackets and rear master cylinder and soda blasted them and took them to PRO POWDER COATING. to get them Ceracoted. I showed them what I did not want touched, and was very adamant about it and waited 3 weeks. they media blasted the bore of the mc and got ceracote in my caliper piston seal grooves and assured me that with his experience in aero space everything is O.K. I personally wouldn't trust them with a cast iron bowling ball :vvangry :pointy So I bought a 78 1000 ltd 17k on the clock sun blister from Vernal Utah and am starting all over again  but this time Im doing all my own work ::skull and am convinced no buddy in G.J are competent enough to deal with vintage parts and equipment.   

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
New projects are always exciting  :banana

I hate to hear you were dissatisfied with Pro Powder, I have never heard anything bad about them and have always been extremely happy with their work with both work and personal jobs. I am sure Dave would have made it right if you were unhappy and told him.
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »
 Money? How about finding good rebuildable Hard to find parts? Its what I needed. :laff That I could bet my life on it would work,, or someone else for that matter.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:49:15 AM by Clyde »

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
 So I was tooling on the sun blister ltd, pulled the plugs and dumped Marvles Mystery oil in last night. And today pulled the master cylinders Wow just like new inside and pistons,, beautiful!!I put a wrench on the timing advance and it backed up smooth rocked it back and forth and couldn't feel or hear any ridge, so I mounted up and gave it a roll with the kick start. What a Marvel!!! But no Mystery listening to Chris scream when oil shot out the plug holes about 3 feet!! Shop is clean!! smells good to. So now check the valve shims and redo the forks and start cleaning up the loom connectors,check the coils  and see about killing a lot of mosquitoes once parts get here to put the Kerkers back on. marvels is such a good cleaner for aluminum. good $500.00 dollar investment so far.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:29:49 PM by Clyde »

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »
 It was amusing,today. I went to the parts house in  Clifton  and asked for NGK resister plug Caps. Soon I had 3 guys standing around looking at me as if I had 3 eyes. They tried to sell me a set of plugs because the little cap on top comes as a set, so they tried to sell me a set of wires, So I drew a picture!! complete with the NGK logo in top and told them I had been buying them for 40 years. so I asked for a catalog for NGK and the still wanted to sell me Champion plugs when one guy asked "What car is it for?" and that realy left them in left field. Thats when I started getting Forest Whitaker eye. and not from the results of 3 eye surgeries. So I decided to just wait another week and order them from New York City and have them in 3 -4 days+ S&H. Ill continue my search tomorrow. but my faith is foundering, :shocked:

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:52:34 PM »
It is a new age of parts guys Clyde. When I go into either a moto shop or auto shop and ask for the exact part I need, only to be asked the question "what vehicle is it for?", I instantly loose all hope of getting what I asked for. Most of my parts shopping is done online.
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 07:14:00 AM »
Yea! Fiber exhaust gaskets online 12 dollars for 4.  GJ power sports $57.00 bwahahahaha!!! God bless you if your stranded. :blushing

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 10:07:46 AM »
OOOOOOO!!! I found some resister plugs. put them on. put on, put on a set of vm 26 mikuniis rolled it out of the air conditioned garage with front tire rapidly going flat next to the fire extinguisher. half choke,,, touch the button,,,BAM!!!  :::motorcycle5 purred like a kitten!!!! after sitting outside for 10 years Im truly impressed, a survivor!now for some serious clean up with confidence, It will be a while before I get rotors turned and tires put on to take it out and gracefully put a load on it to see whats nextI have everything to put it back to a stock 1000 ltd except the Jardine twice pipes. Id like to turn it to a bagger. :cool:

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »
Hey Clyde,, if you need a real nice Vetter fairing for that bad a#$ bagger let me know...........

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
Id love some cop boxes!. go radical blue Ive got a windshield it came with
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:32:18 PM by Clyde »

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 11:47:30 AM »
 Im wondering if a kzp front and back fender would fit. And if 16 inch ltd rim would make a low flow in the back with solo seat. :coffee :coffee

rickc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 10:31:38 PM »
Im wondering why your camera is not working, because we would sure like to see what yer doing :rolleyes:

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:06 AM »
Im purdy much analog. if I have to sit and fiddle re sizing pics for an hour I  aint interested any more.

Clyde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
11/2 days no picture Dohe!!! Now how did I do thayat??? Lots and lots of spiders!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:03:40 AM by Clyde »