Author Topic: Gas Tank, any old Tank ?  (Read 3992 times)

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
Re: Gas Tank, any old Tank ?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 09:54:06 AM »
Yamaha coil will work fine.. regular round mounts both ends...

I totally forgot to check it out last night.. I will try to at lunch today... it's in my uni-bomber shed so have positive thoughts that I am not crushed in the pile while looking... The bike, I think was a 77 RD350... Rick sold me the bike. it's all that's left, I think.

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »
Brian, that would have been an RD400. A cool looking tank indeed! The 250's and 350's are a lot more rounded, whereas the 400 is more "boxy" with knee cut outs.
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
Thanks Heather, I assume you have a bike that goes under that tank, let's see a pic.   8=)
Brian, what year is the tank off?

Chris,

Yes there is a bike but at this time it is in pieces on the shop floor, have been dealing with a ton of crap lately. Scott Clough built my motor, Race Tech GV's/springs, MC chambers, MZB iggy, Excel rims/spokes, 30mm carbs, Trac Dynamics swing arm(never do business with them) and the list goes on. I was hoping to make it to the bike show this year but I really need to turn up the pace if it will happen.
It is a 75 350
Heather

Heather, I was just thinking this the other day, and was about to send you a message to see if I could talk you into posting a pic :) Surely you wouldnt let me be the only one on here with an RD would you?????
Kidding aside, sounds like you have a collection of incredible parts! My 350 is currently disassembled right now and just a pile of parts too.

Sorry Chris, I just totally got off topic......back to gas tanks :wink:
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?

Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 07:00:41 PM »
Thanks for the tank  ::thanks  I think it'll work out great. I'll post some pics of the initial mock up soon.
Also found some stock Sportster shocks, 13" hole to hole.  If you can use them I'll bring them by with
the coil next trip to the big city.

buggiebuggie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »
Perfect... shocks and coil would be greatly appreciated...