Author Topic: Natural Bridges Ride  (Read 1611 times)

Chris

• View Profile
Natural Bridges Ride
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:09:58 PM »
What a month! Took advantage of three nice days last week and rode Bear to Natural Bridges Nat. Monument.
Started out freezing over Dallas Divide Wed. morning. Slowly warmed up going through Disappointment Valley
and on down to Mexican Hat where we spend the first night at the San Juan Inn, on the banks of the , you
guessed it, San Juan River. Next morning up the Moki to the Bridges where we hiked for a couple hours. Then
up to Moab for a good meal and a Motel with a hot tub to soak in. Back home Friday via Paradox and Nucla.
What a great time to be on the road, virtually no traffic. Too early for the tourists and too cold for you know who ;)   Love that winter riding
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:34:42 PM by Chris »

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
Re: Natural Bridges Ride
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
Nice report Chris!
I love that ride route.
My daughter and I were able to squeak in a Moab ride for lunch that weekend at the last minute. Both of us wanted to keep on riding till we ran out of road somewhere in Panama. But, I'm not retired yet, and she has obligations as well.
Who are the grateful dead? And why do they keep following me?

Chris

• View Profile
Re: Natural Bridges Ride
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:44:54 PM »
Thanks Rick,that's great that your daughter rides with you! Next time you're headed that way (Panama) give a jingle, we'll go with you  :)