Author Topic: Bear went to the Grand Canyon  (Read 1977 times)

Chris

• View Profile
Bear went to the Grand Canyon
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
Bear, our 79 GoldWing has been getting restless lately so we took him for a summer desert run to the Grand Canyon.
The first day took us over Lizard Head Pass through Cortez to Canyon de Chelly near Chinle AZ where we spend a day
hiking into the canyon exploring the Indian ruins. On through the Hopi reservation to Tuba City and north across the Colorado
at Lee's Ferry. By that time we were so hot we both jumped into the river in full riding gear which kept us nice and cool
all the way to Jacobs Lake. Next morning it was off to the North Rim where we took in all the views and felt as small and humble as we should
standing on the edge of the canyon. The day was finished with a fancy dinner at the Grand Canyon Lodge for which Jen
reserved a table about six years ago. On the way back home it seemed like a good challenge to chase Bear up the Moki Dugway
north of Mexican Hat on the way to Blanding. The last day was spend in Hovenweep Nat. Monument for some more ruins.
Old Bear was a trooper of course who took the heat as well as we did thanks to our new cooling vests, which really work.

Blanketchief

• View Profile
Re: Bear went to the Grand Canyon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:35:44 PM »
What a great adventure you had.  I envy you that ride through some of my favorite country.  I really enjoyed the pictures; well done!

mechanista

• The OTHER Rick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
 :) I love that first picture!
Who are the grateful dead? And why do they keep following me?

Rick Barnes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Very cool!
79' Yamaha RD400 Daytona Special "The Daytona"
74' Yamaha RD350 "The Little Hot Rod"...currently under the knife.
02' Aprilia Capo Nord "The Mighty Ape"
93' Kawasaki KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

Have a good and Godly day, for what lasting value is a good day if it is not also a Godly day?