Author Topic: Rifle and back on the backroads  (Read 1482 times)

GJ Steve

• View Profile
Rifle and back on the backroads
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »
I knew my rear tire was about done so I thought I'd sneak in one last jaunt before the tire got unsafe. I took I-70 to Debeque and rode old US 6 to Parachute where I crossed over the highway and got on Morrisania Mesa Road It led me east up above I-70. I got bit lost. I mean I knew I was in the right direction but I wasn't sure how it would lead back to I-70 and Rifle. Lots of turns and hills later I ended up coming into Rifle just behind the Rib City there. Both scary and fun taking a road never taken and riding it until it led back to somewhere familiar. On the way back I took old US 6 to Rulison and then jumped onto Rulison/Parachute road. A real nice alternative to the highway. It dumps you right back into Parachute.
A very pleasant adventure on unknown roads.
When I got back home I checked out the back tire and was shocked to see I had worn it down to the steel belts!
I guess I'm stuck to four wheeled transport until I can get some new skin on the rear.

Chris

• View Profile
Re: Rifle and back on the backroads
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
Don't give up yet, if you just go in circles real fast you'll get another 1000 miles each direction out of that tire  ;D

GJ Steve

• View Profile
Re: Rifle and back on the backroads
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »
After looking up an old receipt I realized I put the tire on in 2009 when I bought the bike from my brother. 5 years and over 8,000 miles later I'd say I got my money's worth